January 11, 2009

Weekly Featured Artist - Anastasia of Percival Road Designs


This is the perfect time to have Anastasia from Percival Road Designs as the Weekly Featured Artist because for the month of January (2009) she is offering FREE postage within Australia and for international buyers - Buy 3 items & receive FREE postage!! What deal, hey?? what a great chance to stock up on gift tags, notebooks, greeting cards and maybe find the perfect Valentine card??

Tell us all about yourself and your craft?
I'm Anastasia from Sydney, Australia. I'm a mum to two young boys and wife to Andrew.
I love to do lots of crafty things but mainly I play with paper, both new and vintage papers and make sweet paper goods!

How long have you been creating your craft?
Ive always enjoyed crafting but must admit I got back into I once I started blogging – I was totally inspired by all the craft blogs! So the past 3 years Ive been crafting on a regular basis and 10 weeks ago I started selling on Etsy!


What is one of the biggest lesson you have learnt about your craft & selling it? Being a newbie selling online I'm learning everyday but one thing that I learnt straight away is, if you sell online then you need fantastic images/pictures of your products – its so important!!

Which of your items did you have the most fun creating & why?
I just love paper! So anything made with paper and I love vintage ephemera, ribbons and all things wonderful – that’s when I have the most fun!


Is there a basic 'household' item you use when creating that seems to work just as good if not better than the actual 'tool'?
I do a lot of old fashioned collage (paper and glue) so I use heavy books – thick and large dictionary’s, magazine stacks to flatten my paper tags and collage cards overnight!

What is your favourite candy bar & why?
Peppermint Crisp – delicious and not too fattening haha well compared to other sweets!


If money, responsibilities, and time were no issues where in the great wide world would you go & why?
I love big cities – walking, exploring, eating – it would be a toss between Paris or New York ….I love overseas travel!

For more information on the In's and Out's of Anastasia's paper world check out her blog Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming.

6 comments:

SoBella Creations said...

The journal books are sweet.

Mary Ann said...

Very nice interview. Anastasia does beautiful work.

Unknown said...

I love your blog! Would love to follow it, but can't figure out how. Let me know if you know how.

edward and lilly said...

Great interview, her work is lovely.

s.l.greek said...

i don't have a lot of time to blog, but anastasia's blogg is one i follow regularly. thanks for the "feature"

Anastasia said...

thanks so much for the interview and feature!! its been fun!